The CPG Guys, Sri & PVSB, are joined in this episode by Kevin Coupe, renowned author and also editor of Morning News Beat, Kevin Coupe.
Follow Kevin Coupe on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kevin-coupe-6872196/
Follow Morning News Beat online at: http://morningnewsbeat.com
Purchase Kevin's book "The Big Picture" on Amazon
Kevin answers these questions:
1) Many people are focused on what appears to be an end in sight for the pandemic. Should retailers and brands be focused on the immediate future of their YoY performance vs the turbulent 2020 or is 2022 the place to focus and why?
2) Kroger recently held an investor day event. From our perspective, the overt message was very clear: they intend to dominate the growing retail media market. What are your thoughts on retail media in general?
3) I know we’re a little off topic from CPG retail, but I would love your thoughts on how this renewal applies to the industry we are following?
4) A few questions for you: 1) do you see Instacart as the predominant challenge to Amazon in the near future and 2) for regional/local grocery retailers, is this marketplace their ecommerce strategy for the foreseeable future or are any of them other than the big 5-10 grocery retailers willing to invest in building their own digital CX on the path to purchase?
5) as brands get more engaged in supporting retailer eCommerce activities, they face all sorts of new fees in their business dealings. Are these just the online version of chargebacks and something the brands just need to accept as fact?
6) Amazon appeared to skip a beat during the pandemic and really didn’t leverage the rapid adoption of eCommerce to significantly grow its Fresh delivery business the way that Instacart and Walmart did their businesses. What are your thoughts on this and what is the future for Whole Foods in the Amazon picture?
Please provide the CPG Guys feedback at http://ratethispodcast.com/cpgguys
CPG Guys Website: http://CPGGuys.com
Media Kit: http://tinyurl.com/cpgguysmedia
DISCLAIMER: The content in this podcast episode is provided for general informational purposes only. By listening to our episode, you understand that no information contained in this episode should be construed as advice from CPGGUYS, LLC or the individual author, hosts, or guests, nor is it intended to be a substitute for research on any subject matter. Reference to any specific product or entity does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by CPGGUYS, LLC. The views expressed by guests are their own and their appearance on the program does not imply an endorsement of them or any entity they represent. The views expressed by the CPGGUYS, LLC do not represent the views of their employers or the entity they
CPGGUYS LLC expressly disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or other damages arising out of any individual’s use of, reference to, or inability to use this podcast or the information we presented in this podcast.