The CPG Guys, PVSB and Sri are joined in this episode by Mir Zaman, VP of Commercial Operations at Spectrum Brands, a leading supplier of residential locksets, residential builders’ hardware, plumbing, shaving and grooming products, personal care products, small household appliances, specialty pet supplies, lawn and garden and home pest control
products, and personal insect repellents.
Follow Mir on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mir-zaman-3519852/
Follow Spectrum Brands on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/spectrum-brands/
Follow Spectrum Brands online at: https://spectrumbrands.com/
Mir answers these questions:
1) What a career from NASA and aerospace to Amazon merchant and ads to Spectrum brands. Take us through the journey and how you got here.
2) What is your role today as a commercial leader? What teams do you work with and what partnerships do you establish internally?
3) Let’s talk Omnichannel and your Amazon learnings. Is Omnichannel the only way to forward and what such capabilities would you build and recommend for brands these days ?
4) You spent time with Amazon ads - what is the importance of retail media and can a brand realistically grow on platforms without it - what is the tactic you would recommend as best or must have?
5) How are you bringing Omnichannel thinking to spectrum brands - how are you coaching business leaders on content, reviews, DTC?
6) What about assortment? Is it homogeneous across platforms? Do they need to be specific for online vs offline? What about price pack architecture? Is that the way for ecommerce ?
7) Let’s talk revenue optimization, supply chain in these days they go hand in hand. What skills I’m these areas are the ones for today? How do they intersect?
8) Here on the show we always ask our guests to look forward to the future forward. What does Mir Zaman see for the CPG industry as his prediction?
CPG Guys Website: http://CPGGuys.com
FMCG Guys Website: http://fmcgguys.com
RetailWit Website: http://retailwit.com
DISCLAIMER: The content in this podcast episode is provided for general informational purposes only. By listening to our episode, you understand that no information contained in this episode should be construed as advice from CPGGUYS, LLC or the individual author, hosts, or guests, nor is it intended to be a substitute for research on any subject matter. Reference to any specific product or entity does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by CPGGUYS, LLC. The views expressed by guests are their own and their appearance on the program does not imply an endorsement of them or any entity they represent.
CPGGUYS LLC expressly disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or other damages arising out of any individual’s use of, reference to, or inability to use this podcast or the information we presented in this podcast.