The CPG Guys, PVSB and Sri are joined in this episode by Neha Mallik, Director of eCommerce & Digital Marketing at B&G Foods which manufactures, sells and distributes high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. B&G's portfolio includes 50+ familiar brands like Green Giant, Cream of Wheat, Ortega & Spice Island.
Follow Neha Mallik on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/neha-gupta-mallik-0990a4a/
Follow B&G Foods on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/bgfoodsinc/
Follow B&G Foods online at: https://bgfoods.com/
Neha answers these questions:
1) Why is the digital shelf more important today than it was even 3 years ago?
2) How has the advent of retail media fundamentally transformed how consumer goods manufacturers invest in growing their brands? What makes retail media so appealing and when you look to prioritize investment, what capabilities are you looking for in a platform?
3) Can retail media solve all of the digital shelf issues for a brand’s entire assortment? If not, why not? How do you think about investing against improving SEO? What are the important attributes in driving organic SEO?
4) Should DTC be the aspiration of every brand manager? What considerations need to be made before deciding to go this route?
5) Is shoppable media fundamentally at odds with building brands? Why or why not? Is FULL funnel attribution necessary in shoppable media or is “add to basket” enough?
6) How do you think about Upskilling talent in your organization for eCommerce & digital marketing? How do you bring along other stakeholders on the journey?
7) Building meaningful sources of insights are fundamental to making good business decisions? Is 1P consumption data important to an effective insights program? Where can it be sourced? Are you able to use it in journey mapping and the creation of customer lifetime value?
8) What are a few emerging trends in our industry that have your focus right now? Why?
CPG Guys Website: http://CPGGuys.com
FMCG Guys Website: http://fmcgguys.com
RetailWit Website: http://retailwit.com
DISCLAIMER: The content in this podcast episode is provided for general informational purposes only. By listening to our episode, you understand that no information contained in this episode should be construed as advice from CPGGUYS, LLC or the individual author, hosts, or guests, nor is it intended to be a substitute for research on any subject matter. Reference to any specific product or entity does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by CPGGUYS, LLC. The views expressed by guests are their own and their appearance on the program does not imply an endorsement of them or any entity they represent.
CPGGUYS LLC expressly disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or other damages arising out of any individual’s use of, reference to, or inability to use this podcast or the information we presented in this podcast.