The CPG Guys, Sri & PVSB, are joined in this episode by Art Sebastian, VP of Digital Experiences at Casey’s, a Fortune 500 company operating over 2,400 convenience stores, and Kevin McGovern, VP of Retail Partner Development at Fetch Rewards, a mobile loyalty platform.
Follow Art Sebastian on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/artsebastian
Follow Casey’s on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/caseys/
Follow Casey’s online at: https://www.caseys.com/
Download the Casey’s iOS app here: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/caseys/id1470522110
Download the Casey’s Android app here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Caseys.finder&hl=en_US&gl=US
Follow Kevin McGovern on LinkedIn here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kevin-mcgovern-72601836
Art & Kevin answer these questions:
1) Art, when you arrived in 2018, what was the state of digital CX when you arrived and what were some of the fundamental changes you sought to activate in order to transform the CX for a digitally driven age? How did the pandemic “complicate” your efforts?
2) Art, Convenience is a notoriously difficult channel to consolidate & synthesize data to better understand your guests and provide relevant communications, offers and incentives. How have you tried to approach this problem?
3) Kevin, Fetch Rewards has been operating as an omnichannel brand loyalty mechanism, working with manufacturers to reward consumers for buying their products, wherever they choose to purchase those products. How did Fetch transition into enabling retailers to engage its now 13 MM users?
4) Art, encouraging guests to cross the distance between the pump and the store can be enormously difficult. What are you finding works well for Casey's?
5) Art, for a retailer like Casey's, who has a much more dynamic in-store experience offering products like made-from-scratch pizza, how do you think about maintaining relevance with your guests, given a broader competitive set?
6) Kevin, when you thought about enabling customer acquisition for Casey’s what kind of plan were you seeking to develop with Art and his team?
7) Art, How has the partnership with Fetch Rewards enabled your overall CX? Where does it fit into your marketing mix?
8) Art & Kevin, what’s next for driving meaningful customer engagement at Casey’s and how are you thinking about leveraging this audience of 13 MM active users?
DISCLAIMER: The content in this podcast episode is provided for general informational purposes only. By listening to our episode, you understand that no information contained in this episode should be construed as advice from CPGGUYS, LLC or the individual author, hosts, or guests, nor is it intended to be a substitute for research on any subject matter. Reference to any specific product or entity does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by CPGGUYS, LLC. The views expressed by guests are their own and their appearance on the program does not imply an endorsement of them or any entity they represent.
CPGGUYS LLC expressly disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or other damages arising out of any individual’s use of, reference to, or inability to use this podcast or the information we presented in this podcast.