The CPG Guys, PVSB and Sri are joined in this episode by Chantal Templeton, GM of Mars Canada. With $40 billion in annual sales, Mars produces some of the world’s best-loved brands including DOVE®, EXTRA®, M&M’s®, MILKY WAY®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, ORBIT®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, SKITTLES®, WHISKAS®, COCOAVIA®, and 5™
Follow Chantal Templeton on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/chantal-templeton-4a269012/
Follow Mars on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/mars/
Follow Mars online at: http://mars.com
Chantal answers these questions:
1) Your story starts at University of Calgary up North and then touched a number of notable brands at large CPG companies P&G and now Mars Wrigley. You have a large remit in your role now as GM up North. Decompose this for our audience and tell us how all this came to be.
2) Why is digital commerce a priority for Mars Wrigley in these times?
3) How are you working to ensure Mars Wrigley is omnichannel ready - what are specific initiatives or actions have you taken? How does this correspond to the Canadian market?
4) How is store traffic up in Canada post covid? What new strategies or ideas would you share with our audience or is it back to basics?
5) How are you focused on building a team and what does your team specifically focus on - its got to be both strategy or execution? How does your team interact with other commercial functions especially capability building and deliver value for them?
6) What are some key learnings from the last 2 years you would share with our audience they should focus on? What is your advice for the industry in inflation challenged times?
7) In a constrained supply world that doesn’t seem to have an end in sight, how do you navigate channel strategy on a day to day basis?
8) The pandemic has obviously changed shopper behavior for good it seems - do you agree. In the role you play, how are you responding to this and preparing for the transformation?
CPG Guys Website: http://CPGGuys.com
FMCG Guys Website: http://fmcgguys.com
CPG Scoop. Website: http://CPGscoop.com
DISCLAIMER: The content in this podcast episode is provided for general informational purposes only. By listening to our episode, you understand that no information contained in this episode should be construed as advice from CPGGUYS, LLC or the individual author, hosts, or guests, nor is it intended to be a substitute for research on any subject matter. Reference to any specific product or entity does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by CPGGUYS, LLC. The views expressed by guests are their own and their appearance on the program does not imply an endorsement of them or any entity they represent.
CPGGUYS LLC expressly disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or other damages arising out of any individual’s use of, reference to, or inability to use this podcast or the information we presented in this podcast.