The CPG Guys, PVSB and Sri are joined in this episode by Dan Perez, EVP at Epsilon, a global advertising and marketing technology company positioned at the center of Publicis Groupe. They connect advertisers with consumers to drive performance while respecting and protecting consumer privacy and client data.
This episode is sponsored by Epsilon.
Follow Dan Perez on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/dan-perez-37b2395/
Schedule a strategy session with the Epsilon CPG team - https://calendly.com/epsilon-strategy-sessions/15-minute-cpg-strategy-meeting-cpgguys-podcast?month=2022-09
Learn more about Verified Purchase Optimization https://www.epsilon.com/us/industries/cpg/vpo
More about Epsilon CORE ID https://www.epsilon.com/us/products-and-services/identity-core-id
Dan answers these questions:
1) Let’s start with your larger enterprise. Publicis group acquired you in 2019. Tell us all about this exciting endeavor and how your clients have benefited from the synergy? And how has the addition of Citrus Ad delivered value?
2) Your latest solution is verified purchase optimization I believe powered on the IRI platform. Does this mean a better analytics engine for optimization, more consumer data in the mix? Why will r squares be better?
3) We’ve also learned that a greater dataset to work with means you are focused on what we can call real time in the moment ad delivery - aka lower funnel activation. Decompose how this is done.
4) let’s talk ROI for your clients. ROAS is a typical Ad metric in our industry but it’s starting to get outdated. In your case though, the ROAS matters because it’s lower funnel activation at the moment of purchase. Is this how you measure success for your clients? What other metrics matter?
5) in today’s inflation indexed world, how can you help brands retain their most loyal customers and keep them from brand switching due to price promotions?
6) what are other capabilities you offer? Data, offsite activations? Give us the repertoire of solutions one can work with Epsilon on?
7) I’d love to understand the anchor for your datasets. Can you give us a feel for the type of data you have? Qual and quant? Please share what types of consumer metrics you have? Also what duration - 104 weeks?
8) how is the world of AI and ML now in the middle of what you do? How do you leverage the power of tech to analyze and forecast?
CPG Guys Website: http://CPGGuys.com
FMCG Guys Website: http://fmcgguys.com
CPG Scoop Website: http://cpgscoop.com
DISCLAIMER: The content in this podcast episode is provided for general informational purposes only. By listening to our episode, you understand that no information contained in this episode should be construed as advice from CPGGUYS, LLC or the individual author, hosts, or guests, nor is it intended to be a substitute for research on any subject matter. Reference to any specific product or entity does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by CPGGUYS, LLC. The views expressed by guests are their own and their appearance on the program does not imply an endorsement of them or any entity they represent.
CPGGUYS LLC expressly disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or other damages arising out of any individual’s use of, reference to, or inability to use this podcast or the information we presented in this podcast.