The CPG Guys, Sri and guest co-host Bryan Gildenberg are joined in this episode by Charles Chase, Executive Industry Consultant for Retail & Consumer Goods at SAS, the leader in business analytics software and services, and the largest independent vendor in the business intelligence market.
This episode is sponsored by SAS.
Follow Charles on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/charleschase46/
Follow SAS on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/sas/
Follow SAS online at: http://SAS.com
Charles answers these questions:
1) Charlie, your career has intersected with some of the largest CPG brands in the world such as J&J, Reckitt, Coca-Cola. Take us through the years as you build your career in analytics and your advice for others aspiring to lead in this space?
2) So you have a new book - Consumption-Based Forecasting and Planning. Tell us all about why and what can a reader and the industry find in that book for educated decision making?
3) How has recent unforeseen disruptions like the new Digital Economy, COVID-19 (pandemic), economic pressures (inflation, rising oil prices, geopolitical disruptions) changed supply chains?
4) Why do companies need to “forecast from consumer to supply, rather than from supply to the consumer”? Therefore, how does consumption-based forecasting and planning help companies become more consumer centric in their approach to demand forecasting and planning?
5) How does short-term demand sensing play into this new approach? Is concurrent demand planning playing a factor, and how does it support IBP?
6) How are retailers and consumer products manufacturers supporting the exponential Omnichannel growth, as a result of all these unforeseen disruptions?
7) There is a lot of confusion as to what is the digital supply chain. What is your definition of the digital supply chain, and how can it help retailers and consumer products companies navigate through all these unforeseen disruptions?
8) What is SAS institute doing in this space to help companies and give us some examples of work done?
CPG Guys Website: http://CPGguys.com
FMCG Guys Website: http://FMCGguys.com
CPG Scoop Website: http://CPGscoop.com
RetailWit Website: http://retailwit.com
NextUp Website: http://NextUpIsNow.org
DISCLAIMER: The content in this podcast episode is provided for general informational purposes only. By listening to our episode, you understand that no information contained in this episode should be construed as advice from CPGGUYS, LLC or the individual author, hosts, or guests, nor is it intended to be a substitute for research on any subject matter. Reference to any specific product or entity does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by CPGGUYS, LLC. The views expressed by guests are their own and their appearance on the program does not imply an endorsement of them or any entity they represent.
CPGGUYS LLC expressly disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or other damages arising out of any individual’s use of, reference to, or inability to use this podcast or the information we presented in this podcast.