The CPG Guys speak with Katherine Black, Senior Partner at Kearney, a global consulting partnership with presence in 40 countries.
Follow Katherine Black on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/katherine-p-black/
Follow Kearney on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/kearney/
Follow Kearney online at: https://www.kearney.com/about/our-people/kearney-originals/article/-/insights/katherine-black
Katherine answers these questions:
1) Let’s start with your professional background. I met you over a decade ago when we both worked for dunnhumby. Would love to understand your career progression, focusing on what has led you to being a retail & CPG area practice leader at Kearney.
2) Why is data at the center of all good business decisions? Are there particular types of data that you prefer to employ in your client engagements and when is there “enough” data to drive decisions?
3) Digital engagement is a core component of how brands & retailers go to market these days. But digital is a very broad description. Would you help us break digital down into the most common components that your clients really need to focus their attentions?
4) Building customer loyalty and Lifetime Value is a primary tenet of our time at dunnhumby. Looking across your area of focus, what trends are you seeing in loyalty and where do you think that is headed?
5) Nothing is hotter in media right now than Retail Media. Retailers are accelerating the development of offerings to capture the higher retail media margins than traditional product sales. Brands are often struggling to construct a comprehensive and productive retail media strategy. In your work with clients, where are seeing the biggest challenges for retailers and brands?
6) Retail media has really exploded in recent years. Do you see that continuing and what does the future of retail media hold?
7) For many retailers, retail media has become the cornerstone for an even larger monetization business. What trends do you see in monetization beyond retail media?
8) The capital markets have transformed radically over the past year. Venture capital and private equity is virtually non-existent. There are no IPOs happening. From your perspective, how is this having an impact upon your client base? Are there opportunities and what changes are being made to compensate for the conditions
CPG Guys Website: http://CPGguys.com
FMCG Guys Website: http://FMCGguys.com
CPG Scoop Website: http://CPGscoop.com
NextUp Website: http://nexupisnow.org/cpgguys
RetailWit Website: http://retailwit.com
DISCLAIMER: The content in this podcast episode is provided for general informational purposes only. By listening to our episode, you understand that no information contained in this episode should be construed as advice from CPGGUYS, LLC or the individual author, hosts, or guests, nor is it intended to be a substitute for research on any subject matter. Reference to any specific product or entity does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by CPGGUYS, LLC. The views expressed by guests are their own and their appearance on the program does not imply an endorsement of them or any entity they represent.
CPGGUYS LLC expressly disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or other damages arising out of any individual’s use of, reference to, or inability to use this podcast or the information we presented in this podcast.