The CPG Guys are joined by Suzanne Long, Chief Sustainability and Transformation Officer at Albertsons Companies, one of the largest food and drug retailers in the United States, with over 2,200 stores in 34 states and the District of Columbia, 22 distribution centers and 19 manufacturing plants.
Follow Suzanne Long on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/suzanne-long-b948a83/
Follow Albertsons Companies on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/albertsons/
Learn about Albertsons commitment to ESG here: https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/our-impact/esg-reports-news/default.aspx
Suzanne answers the following questions:
1) What does the acronym ESG stand for and why is it important for companies to get invested in building ESG plans?
2) What is the history of sustainability at Albertsons Companies? How did the need to build a plan come to being and how did you end up leading the charge?
3) Sustainability is a very big and encompassing concept as you detailed in your first response. How did you go about determining which specific areas to focus on for “Recipe of Change?” When developing the framework, how did the needs of shoppers, associates and suppliers also play a role?
4) Please provide us with details on the four pillars you settled on in your “recipe for change” and how is science determining your performance metrics?
5) To achieve scale, it’s not just about the work being done by Albertsons Companies. How are you involving your suppliers and the entire industry to drive meaningful and sustainable change to improve our communities?
6) Tell us about some of the Recipe for Change projects you’ve implemented and what have the results been?
7) What do you want our audience to hear about how they can contribute to Albertsons “Recipe for Change?”
CPG Guys Website: http://CPGguys.com
FMCG Guys Website: http://FMCGguys.com
CPG Scoop Website: http://CPGscoop.com
NextUp Website: http://nexupisnow.org/cpgguys
RetailWit Website: http://retailwit.com
DISCLAIMER: The content in this podcast episode is provided for general informational purposes only. By listening to our episode, you understand that no information contained in this episode should be construed as advice from CPGGUYS, LLC or the individual author, hosts, or guests, nor is it intended to be a substitute for research on any subject matter. Reference to any specific product or entity does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by CPGGUYS, LLC. The views expressed by guests are their own and their appearance on the program does not imply an endorsement of them or any entity they represent.
CPGGUYS LLC expressly disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or other damages arising out of any individual’s use of, reference to, or inability to use this podcast or the information we presented in this podcast.