The CPG Guys are joined by Vince Jones, SVP/GM and Global head of eCommerce at PepsiCo, whose are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including many iconic brands – such as Lay’s, Doritos, Cheetos, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Mountain Dew, Quaker and SodaStream – that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
Follow Vince Jones on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jonesvince/
Follow PepsiCo on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/pepsico/
Follow PepsiCo online at: http://pepsico.com
Vince answers the following questions:
1) Your career journey after Stanford has been in operations first, then even CEO of ebags before leading the digital journey at PepsiCo especially as covid shaped. You have created long lasting legacies for the industry. Take us through the years and what’s your advice for someone early in their career in the digital world?
2) Why is retail media one of the most important spaces in the cpg and retail industry these days?
3) How has ecommerce matured over the last 5 years in the grocery world? What is sticky these days and what should people focus on?
4) How do you connect to the other arms of PepsiCo for surround sound amplification? How do you link back with marketing and selling commercial teams?
5) What is the role of technology innovation these days? Is AI and MLL real or pretenders? How are you using these?
6) The industry is largely still from a knowledge standpoint mostly brick & mortar. In this scenario, how do you coach other senior leaders on all aspects digital especially given winning in this space has as many tactical execution parameters as brick & mortar?
7) What are the latest instore digital technologies these days connecting back to the shopper omnichannel journey that drive outcomes for the consumer and the brand? Which ones do you personally feel the industry should be championing?
8) Our last question always goes to fast forward …. what is your prediction around how RMN will evolve?
CPG Guys Website: http://CPGguys.com
FMCG Guys Website: http://FMCGguys.com
CPG Scoop Website: http://CPGscoop.com
NextUp Website: http://nexupisnow.org/cpgguys
RetailWit Website: http://retailwit.com
DISCLAIMER: The content in this podcast episode is provided for general informational purposes only. By listening to our episode, you understand that no information contained in this episode should be construed as advice from CPGGUYS, LLC or the individual author, hosts, or guests, nor is it intended to be a substitute for research on any subject matter. Reference to any specific product or entity does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by CPGGUYS, LLC. The views expressed by guests are their own and their appearance on the program does not imply an endorsement of them or any entity they represent.
CPGGUYS LLC expressly disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or other damages arising out of any individual’s use of, reference to, or inability to use this podcast or the information we presented in this podcast.