Cie Nicholson & Lori Tauber Marcus, members of The Band of Sisters, join The CPG Guys in part II of our conversation to discuss their new book “You Should Smile More: How to Dismantle Gender Bias in the Workplace.” The authors are part of a collective of former PepsiCo female executives that also includes Dawn Hudson, Mitzi Short, Angelique Bellmer Krembs & Katie Lacey.
To learn more about The Band of Sisters, visit: http://thebandofsisters.com
To purchase “You Should Smile More” visit: https://a.co/d/39P9Cjp
To Follow Cie Nicholson on LinkedIn visit: https://www.linkedin.com/in/cienicholson
To follow Lori Tauber Marcus on LinkedIn visit: https://www.linkedin.com/in/loritaubermarcus
Cie & Lori answer these questions:
1) You’ve structured the book into a series of 31 examples of where collectively you experienced gender bias in the workplace. You try to help 3 different archetypes in dealing with these situations. What are each of the three archetypes and their importance to addressing these issues?
2) Let’s start with another one of your examples you called “father of the year.” Why are working moms criticized and working dads lauded?
3) How do administrative chores often fall victim to gender bias?
4) Should women avoid the word “sorry” at work?
5) Why is the “meeting before the meeting” so important to staying in the loop?
6) How do you handle a situation when you sense you are not welcome like the golf foursome?
7) How would you encourage these archetypes, particularly managers, to make use of your book?
CPG Guys Website: http://CPGguys.com
FMCG Guys Website: http://FMCGguys.com
CPG Scoop Website: http://CPGscoop.com
RetailWit Website: http://retailwit.com
NextUp Website: http://NextUpIsNow.org
DISCLAIMER: The content in this podcast episode is provided for general informational purposes only. By listening to our episode, you understand that no information contained in this episode should be construed as advice from CPGGUYS, LLC or the individual author, hosts, or guests, nor is it intended to be a substitute for research on any subject matter. Reference to any specific product or entity does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by CPGGUYS, LLC. The views expressed by guests are their own and their appearance on the program does not imply an endorsement of them or any entity they represent.
CPGGUYS LLC expressly disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or other damages arising out of any individual’s use of, reference to, or inability to use this podcast or the information we presented in this podcast.