The CPG Guys are joined in this episode by Ibraheem Basir, Founder & CEO of A Dozen Cousins, a natural food brand that makes convenience side dishes inspired by traditional Creole, Caribbean and Latino recipes. Their product lines include authentic ready-to-eat beans and rice.
Follow Ibraheem Basir on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ibraheembasir/
Follow A Dozen Cousins on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/a-dozen-cousins/
Follow A Dozen Cousins online at: https://adozencousins.com/
Ibraheem answers these questions:
1) Your career has some elite brands in your background but you decided to be an entrepreneur. Take us through your days in Brooklyn to IVY leagues and now as founder of A dozen cousins . What advice would you give to someone early in their career in this space seeking to follow in your footsteps from corporate to entrepreneurship?
2) How did A Dozen Cousins get founded did you start digitally-native or in physical retail - and how you spend your time on it ? What is the role of education and content in the brands mission: to inspire families of all backgrounds to eat better food and live longer more vibrant lives.
3) As a minority founder (like Inhave been)and leader trying to grow and compete with giants in the food space, how does your everyday thinking go - what drives you and what constitutes success? How do you interact with retail everyday?
4) Take us through the portfolio of product categories that a consumer may choose from in your brand. What makes each product unique and why is it better than the rest available in supermarkets and online?
5) In a world of omnichannel consumers where the digital reach of food has exploded in the last 3 years, how are you staying ahead, are there specific advertising methods that drive wins for you and the brand?
6) What are your current year distribution goals and are you setting a 3 year strategy? How will you measure success? How large is your distribution?
7) No organization can be successful without the right leaders and brand stewards? What makes a good leader - what is their DNA? How do they connect with you and lead this cause of brand equity growth for A dozen cousins ?
8) The last question on the cpgguys is always ‘fast forward’ - what's next for you and A dozen cousins ? How can our audience interact with the brand and taste it?
CPG Guys Website: http://CPGguys.com
FMCG Guys Website: http://FMCGguys.com
CPG Scoop Website: http://CPGscoop.com
NextUp Website: http://NextUpisnow.org/cpgguys
RetailWit Website: http://retailwit.com
DISCLAIMER: The content in this podcast episode is provided for general informational purposes only. By listening to our episode, you understand that no information contained in this episode should be construed as advice from CPGGUYS, LLC or the individual author, hosts, or guests, nor is it intended to be a substitute for research on any subject matter. Reference to any specific product or entity does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by CPGGUYS, LLC. The views expressed by guests are their own and their appearance on the program does not imply an endorsement of them or any entity they represent.
CPGGUYS LLC expressly disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or other damages arising out of any individual’s use of, reference to, or inability to use this podcast or the information we presented in this podcast.