The CPG Guys are joined in this episode by repeat second time guest, CEO of Kelso industries, a holding company of over 10 HVAC companies operating in 13 states. We know Steve from his days as director of retail media at Sam's club. He was our guest in the fall of 2020.
Follow Steve Carroll on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/stevenhcarroll/
Follow Kelso industries on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/kelso-industries-llc/
Follow Kelso industry's website : https://kelso-industries.com/
Find his first appearance here : https://www.buzzsprout.com/1146830/episodes/6322075
Steve answers these questions:
1. Steve, your career intersected with us at Sam’s club and it seemed you were all set to be the next retail media leader in the industry. What prompted you to seek entrepreneurship back in 2022. What advice would you give to someone early in their career in this space seeking to follow in your footsteps from corporate to entrepreneurship?
2. Tell us about Grazak mechanical - your first venture. How did you come by it. What was your thought process in acquiring it and what did it take to assimilate in as the owner?
3. How did your training in retail and media and the partnerships you had with vendors train you for this ?
4. Take us through the portfolio of companies you manage now and how you make decisions on expansion and what matters to you before moving forward?
5. In a world of omnichannel consumers where the digital reach of services has exploded in the last 3 years, how are you staying ahead, are there specific advertising methods that drive wins for your companies?
6. Let’s go to talent. No organization can be successful without the right people and employees in the field? What makes a good leader - what is their DNA? How do they connect with you and lead this cause of growing these portfolio companies of yours
Any negative surprises along the way?
7. The last question on the cpgguys is always ‘fast forward’ - what's next for you and your portfolio ? How can our audience living in the West interact with you for service?
CPG Guys Website: http://CPGguys.com
FMCG Guys Website: http://FMCGguys.com
CPG Scoop Website: http://CPGscoop.com
NextUp Website: http://NextUpisnow.org/cpgguys
DISCLAIMER: The content in this podcast episode is provided for general informational purposes only. By listening to our episode, you understand that no information contained in this episode should be construed as advice from CPGGUYS, LLC or the individual author, hosts, or guests, nor is it intended to be a substitute for research on any subject matter. Reference to any specific product or entity does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by CPGGUYS, LLC. The views expressed by guests are their own and their appearance on the program does not imply an endorsement of them or any entity they represent.
CPGGUYS LLC expressly disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or other damages arising out of any individual’s use of, reference to, or inability to use this podcast or the information we presented in this podcast.