The CPG Guys are joined in this episode by Lisa Kinney, VP Customer Analytics & Market Intelligence at Albertsons Companies, one of the largest food & drug retailers in the United States.
Follow Lisa Kinney on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lisa-kinney-4499b12/
Follow Albertsons on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/albertsons/
Follow Albertsons online at: https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/
Watch Lisa serve a Skyline Cheese Coney to Former First Lady Barbara Bush: https://local12.com/news/local/barbara-bush-visited-the-tri-state-several-times
Lisa answers these questions:
1) Customer-centric insights & analytics are at the heart of your experience. What drew you to this field and what types of data sources do you think as being central to a retailer’s ability to establish business intelligence capabilities for success?
2) Are demographics still primarily relevant in terms of customer understanding or are they more contextual in helping better understand customer segments based upon purchasing behavior? What do you see as the inherent limitations of demographics in analytics?
3) Historically, retailers have leveraged the analytic muscle of its key vendor partners to inform their business analytics. Is that still the case? How are retailers accessing meaningful insights independent of CPG manufacturers and what role do you see these business partners playing going forward?
4) A retailer’s transaction data set is quite rich. How should retailers mobilize and create strategy and actions with this asset and what are the barriers or key to simplifying for merchants to use and action?
5) Can you give us a flavor for some of the problems that retailers are tackling through analytics?
6) How important are analytics in supporting eCommerce and full-funnel retail media marketing?
7) How do retailers or brands trying to create a customer centric, data driven culture get started? What are some of the lessons learned throughout your career you can share to help accelerate success and avoid some of the pitfalls you have had to learn and pivot to avoid?
8) Any words of wisdom for peers or early in their careers that you can offer to help them navigate this ever changing industry of data, analytics, and change management?
CPG Guys Website: http://CPGguys.com
FMCG Guys Website: http://FMCGguys.com
CPG Scoop Website: http://CPGscoop.com
NextUp Website: http://NextUpisnow.org/cpgguys
RetailWit Website: http://retailwit.com
DISCLAIMER: The content in this podcast episode is provided for general informational purposes only. By listening to our episode, you understand that no information contained in this episode should be construed as advice from CPGGUYS, LLC or the individual author, hosts, or guests, nor is it intended to be a substitute for research on any subject matter. Reference to any specific product or entity does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by CPGGUYS, LLC. The views expressed by guests are their own and their appearance on the program does not imply an endorsement of them or any entity they represent.
CPGGUYS LLC expressly disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or other damages arising out of any individual’s use of, reference to, or inability to use this podcast or the information we presented in this podcast.