The CPG Guys
Shopper Marketing Insights with Ken Coogan
Dec 25, 2020
Peter V.S. Bond & Sri Rajagopalan
The CPG Guys welcome Ken Coogan from Coogan Partners. Ken recently fielded a survey with CPG shopper marketing professionals and joins the podcast to share the results with our audience.
Questions covered in the interview with Peter:
- What are some of the CPG-related transformations getting your attention in the pandemic?
- Why did you field this survey and can you give us details behind the makeup of the respondents?
- What do you see as the key conclusions from the study?
- What do you consider to have been the biggest changes impacting shopper marketing? How are they accelerated by Covid?
- What does the survey tell us brands are doing to win in these turbulent times from an investment perspective?
- Driving trial through in-store sampling has been virtually eliminated due to health concerns. How are brand compensating and is there a benefit to the digital shelf (sampling for reviews)?
- What are the sources of insights that brands are turning to to drive their decisions in the pandemic era?
- What do you think the biggest issues and opportunities will be going forward?
- How should retailers and brands be thinking about the post pandemic future?
- In your consulting work around share groups, you bring together people with similar roles at non-competing manufacturers to discuss topics of interest to them. Can you share with us some areas of focus that have risen to the top this year and do they align to this research?
Download the survey results here.
Access all The CPG Guys content at http://cpgguys.com