The CPG Guys
eCommerce Market Research with eMarketer's Andrew Lipsman
Feb 25, 2021
The CPG Guys Sri & PVSB welcome to this episode Andrew Lipsman, principal analyst at eMarketer where he covers retail and eCommerce. Andrew has a tremendous amount of CPG market research experience with prior work at NPD Group and comScore.
Please provide feedback to help us design content strategy for guests and topics by visiting http://ratethispodcast.com/cpgguys
Andrew and Sri discuss the following topics during the episode:
- NPD, comCcore and then eMarketer. That means you are legitimate CPG analyst. Take us through your career journey of being an industry expert on knowledge. How different is eMarketer?
- Sri first started using eMarketer at Frito-Lay and has been an avid fan since then. Why would a brand use eMarketer given eCommerce and its prevalence these days? What are the key sources for eMarketer data? What methodologies make this reliable for brands and retailers?
- With the rapid growth of eCommerce in 2020, how is eMarketer keeping up with increased demand and what services do ya’ll offer these days?
- Given how 2020 has gone, eMarketer is best qualified to tell us what the penetration of eCommerce is for FMCG. What is really going on? Is there a permanent inflection?
- What kind of industry perspectives do you put out regularly? What can a brand expect when they first interact with eMarketer?
- What is your prediction for 2021 + ? (Andrew’s episode is being released in Feb 2021 - keep this in mind)
- Hacking growth in eCommerce requires a deep focus on numbers - what are the metrics that e commerce would advise a brand to focus on? What sort of data does eMarketer track?
- Can you describe the various forms of content that eMarketer makes available - such as consumer demographics, marketing content and eCommerce penetration, etc? What are the major areas being searched on the platform?
- What is your advice for brands and retailers wishing to significantly advance their journey on digital transformation?
All of our content may be found at http://CPGguys.com