The CPG Guys, Sri & PVSB, are joined in this episode by Tom Furphy, CEO of Replanium, an auto replenishment platform that uses machine learning and customer tools to improve order economics and customer loyalty.
Follow Tom Furphy on LinkedIn at: http://linkedin.com/in/tomfurphy
Follow Replenium online at: https://www.replenium.com/
Tom answers these questions:
1) Based upon the research you have conducted, why are retailer-based subscription services so desirable for consumers? Are there specific types of products that lend more favorably to a subscription model?
1) Retailers are focused on pre-set systematic reordering of a product. Why, in your estimation, is this not truly what the consumer needs? What is missing from this model?
3) Your CTO worked on subscribe & save at Amazon. What retail learning did you both bring from your Amazon experience to the development of the Replenium model. How does machine-learning play into this?
4) Are brands increasingly interested in a 1P relationship with consumers on replenishable goods and what do you see as the major value proposition for their adopting a DTC solution like the one offered by Replenium?
5) What should retailers & brands expect from an integration timing & effort to get a solution up and running? How are you making it easier for them to go live quickly & painlessly?
6) .What are the outcomes a brand or retailer should expect to realize? Better margins? Customer insights? Better customer experience?
7) With the incredible growth of eCommerce for consumables during the pandemic and the rise of demand aggregators like Instacart, have brands missed the opportunity to build DTC relationships with consumers or is the race really just beginning now?
8) How does the implementation of a replenishment capability bring organizational alignment to a brand manufacturer?
9) In light of their current expansion strategy, has Amazon’s strategy for Fresh decidedly shifted from home delivery to physical store formats? If so, what is the future for Whole Foods?
Please provide the CPG Guys feedback at http://ratethispodcast.com/cpgguys
CPG Guys Website: http://CPGGuys.com
Media Kit: http://tinyurl.com/cpgguysmedia
DISCLAIMER: The content in this podcast episode is provided for general informational purposes only. By listening to our episode, you understand that no information contained in this episode should be construed as advice from CPGGUYS, LLC or the individual author, hosts, or guests, nor is it intended to be a substitute for research on any subject matter. Reference to any specific product or entity does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by CPGGUYS, LLC. The views expressed by guests are their own and their appearance on the program does not imply an endorsement of them or any entity they represent. The views expressed by the CPGGUYS, LLC do not represent the views of their employers or the entity they represent.
CPGGUYS LLC ex
CPGGUYS LLC expressly disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or other damages arising out of any individual’s use of, reference to, or inability to use this podcast or the information we presented in this podcast.