The CPG Guys, Sri & PVSB, are joined in this episode by Sherry Smith, Managing Director of Retail Media at Criteo, a global technology company that powers the world’s marketers and media owners with trusted and impactful advertising through its world-leading Commerce Media Platform, a suite of products that activates the world’s largest set of commerce data to drive better commerce outcomes.
Follow Sherry Smith on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sherryd-smith/
Follow Criteo online at: http://criteo.com
Sherry answers these questions:
1) Looking at all of the brand presentations at the recent CAGNY conference, it was hard NOT to find a reference to retail media. What do you see as the driving forces behind a seismic shift in brand advertising into retail media?
2) Retail media is my favorite topic and a hot trend in CPG & retail today, but before we get there take us through the journey of California state to Triad and now Criteo?
3) What are the different services or new services Criteo offers brands and retailers that Triad did not? Why are these value-enhanced?
4) Let's discuss what matters with SEM - does one have to be a PPC expert to be good at this? Which metrics matters the most - ROAS or CPC? Do they go hand in hand?
5) Some retailers have built their own targeted retail media platform, others have connected to networks like Criteo. What is the value proposition you bring to retail partners?
6) How do you advise brands to go about a partnership with Criteo - what retail platforms do they have access to influence with outcomes?
7) Let’s talk data & insights - what value added insights do you provide? How do you measure success for the work you do for brands? How does a partnership work on a given campaign? How far in advance do you have to plan it?
8) Media - constantly evolving. Retail media vs google, facebook. Privacy changes in the recent software update of Apple iOS 14.5 and the postponed cookie tracking changes in Google Chrome are a risk for brands on personalized targeting. Is this a real challenge for now emphasizing retail media even more?
Please provide the CPG Guys feedback at http://ratethispodcast.com/cpgguys
CPG Guys Website: http://CPGGuys.com
DISCLAIMER: The content in this podcast episode is provided for general informational purposes only. By listening to our episode, you understand that no information contained in this episode should be construed as advice from CPGGUYS, LLC or the individual author, hosts, or guests, nor is it intended to be a substitute for research on any subject matter. Reference to any specific product or entity does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by CPGGUYS, LLC. The views expressed by guests are their own and their appearance on the program does not imply an endorsement of them or any entity they represent.
CPGGUYS LLC expressly disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or other damages arising out of any individual’s use of, reference to, or inability to use this podcast or the information we presented in this podcast.