The CPG Guys, Sri & PVSB, are joined in this episode by John Maltman, founder & CEO of e.fundamentals which helps CPG brands unlock eCommerce growth by transforming the knowledge, decision making & agility of brands online through actionable data and expert-led digital commerce insights.
Follow John Maltman on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jmaltman/
Follow e.fundamentals on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/e-fundamentals/
Follow e.fundamentals online at: https://www.efundamentals.com/
John answers these questions:
1) We’d love to hear about your journey to founding e.fundamentals. You have some tremendous experience in both CPG and retail with nearly a decade at P&G, consulting credentials at Glendinning, more CPG work at PepsiCo, retail work at ASDA and customer data experience at EYC, the precursor to Symphony Retail among your professional highlights. 6 years ago, you decided to found e.fundamentals.
2) What are some key areas that you are recommending to your clients to explore on the digital roadmap to success, making bricks and clicks add up?
3) A company’s success in eCommerce is only as good as the team activating against it. What skills does an effective eCommerce team need to develop in order to win in this space?
4) Here in North America, the pandemic has transformed the Instacart marketplace platform into a powerful demand aggregator that brands are struggling to tackle. What do brands need to get right in search and ensure their products get into Instacart baskets to help them succeed on Instacart?
5) Walmart is another major competitor in Grocery eCommerce. What is your POV on their strategy to win in Grocery by reaching shoppers? Does their physical store presence present an advantage to Walmart in this pursuit?
6) How do you advise brands to optimize their assortment on the digital shelf and what are some fundamental differences from physical shelf category management?
7) How is e.fundamentals helping to automate digital shelf analytics for its clients and drive success in enabling brand strategies?
8) As we emerge from the transformative period of the pandemic, what are the key aspects of omnichannel grocery that you are closely monitoring and do you have any leading indicators to share with our audience?
Please provide the CPG Guys feedback at http://ratethispodcast.com/cpgguys
CPG Guys Website: http://CPGGuys.com
DISCLAIMER: The content in this podcast episode is provided for general informational purposes only. By listening to our episode, you understand that no information contained in this episode should be construed as advice from CPGGUYS, LLC or the individual author, hosts, or guests, nor is it intended to be a substitute for research on any subject matter. Reference to any specific product or entity does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by CPGGUYS, LLC. The views expressed by guests are their own and their appearance on the program does not imply an endorsement of them or any entity they represent.
CPGGUYS LLC expressly disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or other damages arising out of any individual’s use of, reference to, or inability to use this podcast or the information we presented in this podcast.