The CPG Guys, Sri & PVSB, are joined in this episode by Christina Vail, Director of Client Strategy at Profitero, the eCommerce performance analytics platform of choice for the world's leading brands. With Profitero, brands can measure their digital shelf performance across 8,000+ retailer sites and mobile apps in 50 countries, gaining actionable insights to improve product content, search placement, ratings & reviews, availability, assortment and pricing.
Follow Christina Vail on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/christina-vail-0454ab65/
Follow Profitero on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/profitero/
Follow Profitero online at: http://profitero.com
Download the eCommerce Maturity Report at: https://www.profitero.com/report/ecomm-org
Chrstina answers these questions:
1) What was the impetus for Profitero to create this research? What were you witnessing in your conversations with clients trying to align to the demand of the evolving omnichannel world?
2) In your report, you identify in great detail something you call the eCommerce maturity curve. Would you walk us through this construct and how you see it helping CPG companies navigate the right structure and strategy for success?
3) Having a plan does not guarantee success in organizational transformation. Your study prominently recommends that leaders actually evangelize about about the process. In fact, it is the first of six stages you identify. It begins with self-assessment. What is involved in the assessment stage and how do you ensure that leadership is thoughtful about their commitment to the necessary change?
4) The next stage you identify is around education. What does this involve and how do you bring along the rest of the organization in the transformational journey?
5) People need to start getting their hands dirty in eCommerce. What happens in this Merchandise stage?
6) CPG manufacturers won’t commit to this process without growth components. At some point, It should be clear that eCommerce is poised to become a long-term source of demand, consistently accounting for a mid-single-digit percentage of annual sales (or more). As demand has begun to outstrip the capabilities of a smaller embedded team, what must the organization do next?
7) When eCommerce starts hitting double digit share of revenue, senior leadership is fully supportive and is actively funneling innovation into this channel. How does the empowerment stage play into success?
8) The final stage of the process you identify is integration of eCommerce into the very DNA of the organization. When does this happen?
DISCLAIMER: The content in this podcast episode is provided for general informational purposes only. By listening to our episode, you understand that no information contained in this episode should be construed as advice from CPGGUYS, LLC or the individual author, hosts, or guests, nor is it intended to be a substitute for research on any subject matter. Reference to any specific product or entity does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by CPGGUYS, LLC. The views expressed by guests are their own and their appearance on the program does not imply an endorsement of them or any entity they represent.
CPGGUYS LLC expressly disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or other damages arising out of any individual’s use of, reference to, or inability to use this podcast or the information we presented in this podcast.